Tis the season for shenanigans

from the N's no doubt.

Who's with me?

Sorry I haven't had much time to post. I won't go into my personal life but I can tell you my son is screaming as we fight yet another night of bedtime routine. Yippee. After the tot knocks out for good I'm opening a bottle of the girliest drink I could find in the grocery store and drinking a'plenty. Cheers to tonight's headache.

Holidays come and go and come and go- but what makes the Christmas and Thanksgiving and Hanukkah season that much worse? I think a lot of that's to do with the N's stupidity. They're stupid enough to think their prey is sentimental for home this time of year- you know the rosy, loving, caring home they remember that never existed.

I've been looking around every bush for the demons lately. Checking my rear-view mirror for a glimpse of something truly horrific amid the joy and gaiety of spending another holiday sans family. Tis the season, huh.

The season to listen about everyone else bitch about their in laws or family, to which so many of us are unfamiliar with- IF ONLY we had such petty problems, right?

Ugh- I hate it when both my families are pushy enough to get our kids too many presents.
Ugh I hate how I have to go see both families again because we got invites.
I hate how they want to see our kids, blah de blah.

#firstworldproblems

Try having abusive family that would sooner abuse your children than give them the time of day.
Try having to have restraining orders on family to prevent them from coming in your house.
Try having it the ACoN way. Because honestly, it sucks.
To have others assume you have family, you have normalcy. And you do. But not in blood family form. To be too exhausted of explaining your situation so you nod and let them bitch about trivial things to you while you mentally picture yourself slapping some sense into them.

Because you don't have a family. It sucks but it doesn't at the same time. Because you are happier celebrating your little Christmas with three people than you were with a dozen.

So you shrug it off and brace yourself for another possible onslaught of unwelcome invites and contact. And somewhere deep, deep down- you remember that you really are stronger for it. Stronger, wiser, the pain and the pressure that is no more has made it possible for you to actually enjoy the simple things this time of year. A quiet cup of cocoa never tasted so good as the memories of what happened sink deeper into the past. Time passes. Life happens. It doesn't have to repeat itself.

-Gracie <3

Comments

  1. "It doesn't have to repeat itself." The truth right there. If your normal was holidays full of dread, anxiety, hissy fits (and not from the kids, either) and general mayhem, and you've (finally) NC'd, prepare for peace to break out. It may feel strange initially, but this is the way it SHOULD be. I grew to enjoy that peace far more than some kinda war every holiday season very quickly.
    If the family crazies are gonna attempt to pull on your longing for what might have been, what could be and never will be, now's the time. Create new traditions that involve real family-the people who love you unconditionally.

    Good to see you, Ms. G. Enjoy your holidays with our DH and little one!
    TW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! Our last (first) Holiday sans drama was amazing! And to think all we did was see a movie and come home to rest! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TWENTY-ONE RULES OF NO CONTACT

Just say 'no'

I smell BS